Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In the beginning

Five years ago today, I sent out my very first “Green Thought”.  Since then, I’ve probably have sent over 1000 thoughts.  Last year I was able to start a blog – Gene’s Green Scene and start collecting the thoughts online.  When this all started, thanks to Terry Rynard, I don’t think I envisioned still sending out thoughts five years later.  I know it has changed me in small ways and I hope it has helped some of you become a little greener.  It will be interesting to see what the next five years will bring!  Thank you for all your comments and input! 

From: Gene Dempsey
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:34 AM
Subject: Green Thought of the Day!

Starting today, I will be sending out a green thought of the day in hopes of helping our department become more "green friendly", reduce our carbon footprint and save money.  If you have suggestions of "thoughts" please forward them to me.


May 1st - Think before you print emails.  We waste a lot of paper (trees and money) by printing emails to just be discarded or filed away.  Create folders in your Outlook Mailbox to save emails that you think you might be need in the future instead of printing and filing.
Gene Dempsey
THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!