Our New “Green Your Routine” Website is Here!
Introducing the new Green Your Routine (GYR) website at www.fortlauderdale.gov/gyr! Just in time for Earth Day, Fort Lauderdale has achieved another milestone toward fulfilling our neighbor vision of becoming a resilient and safe coastal community.
The GYR site is a portal of the main City website, and is where you can find everything we’re doing related to sustainability, including extensive information on: climate resiliency, conservation and efficiency, responsible development, natural resource preservation and more!
The site’s interactive tools were designed to help our community builders and neighbors enhance sustainable practices at work, at home, at school, and around town. Check out the innovative features, including:
· Waste Directory- shows how to safely and responsibly dispose of household items
· Tree Directory- provides information on more than 50 types of trees found in Fort Lauderdale
· Maps- locate urban farms, community gardens, bike share stations, electric vehicle stations
· Upcoming events- get involved in upcoming events in our community
· Green Your Routine Dictionary- get information about a variety of sustainable topics
· Links to sustainability mobile apps- find the best free apps to Green Your Routine
The portal uses the same content management system as the new City site, so staff has the flexibility to update and add new content as it becomes available. If you have questions regarding the portal, please contact the IT helpdesk at 954-828-5555.
Congratulations to the Sustainability Division of the Public Works Department and the IT Department for bringing this portal to fruition. And thanks to all the Community Builders who contributed to the success of this project! The GYR portal will help raise awareness about changing climate conditions and empower neighbors to implement sustainable actions at home and throughout the community. Working together, we can ensure that the City website serves as a valuable resource for our neighbors, promotes transparency, and encourages civic engagement.