Mother's Day is this Sunday and maybe there are a few of you that haven't bought or sent flowers yet. Well, you better get busy and do it soon! Please consider giving a living plant instead of cut flowers. Most florists offer a living plant alternative. You just need to look beyond the "Mother's Day rose bouquet specials".
Living plants have many advantages:
- First, they last longer. Even if it's a houseplant, it will last for years and remind mom of just how thoughtful you are! Cut flowers won't last more than a couple of weeks.
- They will keep mom healthier by cleaning the air. 7 Best Air Cleaning Plants Indoor Plants and Indoor Air Quality
- If mom is local, you can purchase plants at a local nursery. Not only will this save you money and get a plant that will grow well in your location, you are supporting local businesses.
- Buying a plant that goes into your mom's landscape will provide beauty for all to see. A beautiful rose bush can become something for your mom to brag about to other moms.
- Finally, living plants give back to "Mother Earth."