Bring the family! Lots of free stuff and fun - candy and books for the kids, trees for Fort Lauderdale residents, and cheer cyclists completing over 560 miles through Florida! --Gene
The Professor’s 45-minute interactive program focuses on how trees grow, where and how to plant a tree so it will live a long life, and what kids can do to care for the trees in their world. At the end of the program the children, their families and the cyclists of the STIHL Tour des Trees will dedicate a new tree planted at the park as a legacy of the Tour’s visit to Fort Lauderdale.
- Improved utility vegetation management practices
- Understanding of air pollution reduction and carbon sequestration by trees
- Quantification of the benefits of urban trees
- Improved transplant survival rates in difficult sites
- More effective disease and pest management strategies for urban trees