Pollution Prevention Week 2012 Video ContestIn celebration of National Pollution Prevention Week (September 17-23), DTSC and the Western Sustainability and Pollution Prevention Network (WSPPN) are asking people to make a short video that shows how making small changes in our daily lives can have a positive impact on the environment.
The theme of the contest, “What's your footprint?”, is about exploring how lifestyle choices can create a net positive impact on the environment. We hope this contest encourages you to share your own experiences on how to reduce your environmental footprint while learning what others are doing. Videos submitted for this contest should encourage the audience to make choices that support pollution prevention. For examples of pollution prevention, click here.
Read the script or visit our YouTube contest site to reply to this video.
Want some tips on how to spice up your video?
Check out these instructional videos on Adobe TV!
The CompetitionNational Pollution Prevention Week is about renewing our efforts to protect the environment and human health. This year we are again asking for videos of 60 seconds or less that focus on the key elements of pollution prevention:
- Generating less solid & hazardous waste
- Using less toxic chemicals (safer ingredients and products)
- Conserving water & energy
- Reducing air pollution
- Conserving natural resources
- Fill out the submission form,
- review the rules,
- submit your video response on or before Sept. 12, 2012, to our promotional video on DTSC’s YouTube contest site, and
- send out the contest flyer to all your friends!
Gene Dempsey, City Forester
Office - (954) 828-7704 Fax - (954) 828-7897
Think before you print!